Criminology: Theory, Practice & Ethics
The criminology major offers coursework in criminal behavior, policing, law and courts, and community and institutional corrections. Throughout the program, courses emphasize the importance of research-based knowledge, multiple theoretical perspectives, real-world practice, policy analysis and ethical decision-making. Students are also strongly encouraged to engage in experiential learning through internships with criminal justice, juvenile justice and human services agencies.
- Interpret patterns of crime and the criminal justice system
- Articulate the relationship between theory, research and policy
- Communicate effectively in academic and professional contexts
- Engage in critical and informed decision making
- Work compassionately with diverse populations
For Criminology Major advising, click HERE.
Check out our new Emphasis in Criminal Justice!
Where are Criminology Alumni? Learn where our graduates have been hired.