Graduate School FAQ

I have a degree in family services or gerontology. What are my choices if I want to go to graduate school?

Family services and gerontology majors have many options when it comes to grad school. We have majors who choose programs in: human development and family studies, psychology, sociology, public health, health promotion, public policy, social work, counseling, marital and family therapy, gerontology, gender and women’s studies, and law.

Although there are some graduate programs that offer degrees in gerontology, many students interested in aging-issues pursue graduate work in another field (psychology, social work, human development and family studies, law) and specialize in elder issues.