Graduate Assistantships and Tuition Scholarships
Graduate Assistantships, General Terms of Employment:
- For the Fall semester 20/10 hours per week, beginning August 21, 2023 and ending December 15, 2023. These dates might vary upon approval of the academic calendar.
- For the Spring semester 20/10 hours per week, beginning January 16, 2024 and ending May 10, 2024. These dates might vary upon approval of the academic calendar.
- Graduate Assistantship stipend is $2,779.00 for half-time and $5,558.00 for full-time per semester and may be prorated depending on start date.
- Graduate Assistants and their spouses may qualify for in-state tuition.
- Graduate Assistants may receive University holidays and do not work during the interims between semesters.
- For more information regarding Graduate Assistantship procedures review https://grad.uni.edu/funding.
- Offering writing support
- Providing tech support during Zoom lectures and remote events
- Assisting undergraduate students
- Assisting with research
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI's residential graduate program
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00
- Have an official transcript on file in the Office of Admissions
- Be regularly admitted without provisions to degree status in a graduate degree program
- Must meet UNI's HRS employment eligibility
Application Process and Deadline:
To apply, submit the Assistantship application form. Attach: resume, 3 letters or recommendation (optional), 3 references (optional), and a cover letter (optional). Direct your application to Dr. Fernando Calderòn (email@example.com).
UNI actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University encourages applications from persons of color, women, individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
The value of the Graduate College Tuition Scholarship is based on the graduate in-state tuition rate, which currently is $4,845.50 per semester. This amount is dependent on the Board of Regents approval; thus, it might be adjusted before the Fall 2022 semester starts.