Students who are not enrolled in degree program or those who wish to add a shorter sequence of classes in Public History to their course of study can consider taking a Public History Certificate.
- HIST 4010 Introduction to Public History (Fall semester)
- HIST 4030 Internship in Historical Studies (Spring semester)
- HIST 4030 Internship in Historical Studies (Summer or Fall semester)
- 2 History or related courses at the 3000-level or above (Variable)
Suggested courses in Public History include:
- Courses taught through the Department of History:
- Introduction to Museum Studies (Spring semester)
- Collections Care and Management (Fall semester)
- Material Culture (Spring semester)
- Other courses that specifically introduce students to a particular methodology, such as oral history, environmental history, women's and gender history, and race/ethnicity via African-American history, Latino/a history, etc.
For more information on specific courses offered by the Department of History, please see the Academic Catalog course descriptions.