Outstanding Graduate Paper Award 2020
Call For Submissions
Deadline: February 28, 2020
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program (WGS) is pleased to announce the competition for the 2019-2020 Outstanding Graduate Paper Award. This award will be presented at our final SWAG (Sexuality, Women and Gender) Forum on Monday, April 6, 2020 at noon in Rod Library's Scholarspace.
This annual competition is designed to encourage and reward graduate scholars on their research in the area of gender issues. We welcome all academic discipline submissions. Submissions are blind-reviewed by a WGS committee comprised of our affiliated faculty members.
The prize includes a $100 cash award and being spotlighted as our final SWAG Forum presenter for the 2019-2020 academic year.
To be considered for the 2019-2020 prize, applicants should submit either by mail or email (Word or PDF) the following materials to Staycie Lyman by February 28, 2020.
- Completed Cover Letter
- Indicate the submission source, i.e., class paper, or project, chapter from thesis, etc.
- 150-200 word abstract summarizing its purpose and content
- Paper Submission
- Paper exploring gender issues and or gender identity intersections
- Paper may include but not limited to:
- A chapter from a Master’s thesis
- A paper submitted for a course at UNI as a graduate student
- A conference paper
- A creative project
- If submitting a portion from a larger body of work, i.e., please submit an abstract of the entire work
- A brief working bibliography
- Biographical statement for author(s) (one paragraph with no more than 100 words to use for the poster and promotional materials)
- Name and email address of student’s committee chair
Where to submit:
Outstanding Graduate Paper Award
c/o Staycie Lyman
225 Sabin Hall
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0509
Questions? Contact Wendy Hoofnagle, WGS Director & Graduate Coordinator at 319-273-7195 or email@example.com