WGS or SWAG Scholarship - $500 Tuition Award
Anyone with a declared minor in Women's and Gender Studies or Sexuality, Women and Gender minor who has completed or is completing at least six hours of Women's and Gender Studies core-required courses, and who will not graduate before December 2019.
- Women's and Gender Studies: Introduction
- Images of Women in Literature
- United States Women's History
- Introduction to Women's Health
- Gender Issues in Communication
- Women, Men, and Society
- Men and Masculinities
- Human Relationships and Sexuality
- Academic achievement (3.0 GPA or better).
- Involvement in the Women's & Gender Studies program and women's and gender issues.
- Demonstrates responsibility and initiative.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity in activism and scholarship.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter describing your interest in the academic study of women and gender and your commitment to women's and gender issues. Make sure to include your resume or curriculum vita listing your GPA, past achievements, present endeavors, and/or future goals. Include names and contact information for two faculty references. Applicants must also complete the university scholarship form.
Turn documents with references in to 225 Sabin by March 1, 2019. A committee of the Women's and Gender Studies Advisory Board will review these applications.
For Further Information
Contact Dr. Wendy Hoofnagle, the Women's and Gender Studies Program Director
Phone: (319) 273-7102