WGS or SWAG Scholarship - $500 Tuition Award
Anyone with a declared Sexuality, Women and Gender minor or who is a WGS Graduate Student who has completed or is completing at least six hours of Women's and Gender Studies core-required courses, and who will not graduate before December 2020.
- Women's and Gender Studies: Introduction
- Images of Women in Literature
- United States Women's History
- Introduction to Women's Health
- Gender Issues in Communication
- Women, Men, and Society
- Men and Masculinities
- Human Relationships and Sexuality
- Academic achievement (3.0 GPA or better).
- Involvement in the Women's & Gender Studies program and women's and gender issues.
- Demonstrates responsibility and initiative.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity in activism and scholarship.
What to Submit
A cover letter describing your interest in the academic study of women and gender and your commitment to women's and gender issues; a resume or curriculum vita listing your GPA, past achievements, present endeavors, and/or future goals; names and contact information for two faculty references.
Due by March 1, 2020
Where to Submit
Frances L. Webster Scholarship Committee
c/o Staycie Lyman
Women's and Gender Studies Program
University of Northern Iowa
225 Sabin Hal
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0509
How to Submit
Materials may be submitted electronically (in word or PDF files) or by mail.
For questions about this scholarship, please contact the Women's and Gender Studies office at csbs.uni.edu/womenstudies or (319) 273-7102.