UNI Women's and Gender Studies Scholarship - $1000
The Agathon Fellowship provides an annual financial award to a student who has demonstrated a strong commitment to, and an active role in, support of LGBT issues. Graduate students are encouraged to apply, with preference given to Women's and Gender Studies graduate students.
- Academic achievement (3.0 GPA or better).
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at UNI for the 2019-2020 academic year.
What to Submit
- A 1-2 page written statement addressing how you have demonstrated a strong commitment to, and an active role in, the support of LGBT issues, and how you plan to continue to do so during the scholarship academic year.
- An academic transcript (an official copy is required for non-UNI applicants)
- Two letters of recommendation, with at least one that addresses your commitment and active role in LGBT issues. Recommenders should send their letters directly to the Women's and Gender Studies program.
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
Due by March 1, 2020
Where to Submit
Agathon Scholarship Committee
c/o Staycie Lyman
Women's and Gender Studies Program
University of Northern Iowa
225 Sabin Hall
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0509
How to Submit
Materials may be submitted electronically (in Word or PDF files) or by mail
For questions about this scholarship, please contact Wendy Hoofnagle, Director of Women's and Gender Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 273-7102.