down arrowMenu

College of Social and Behavioral Sciences


What are the critical dates for applying to the Graduate Program?

Applications will be available during the first week in October and are due on January 31, 2013. The Graduate Admissions Committee will review the applications during the Spring semester and you will be informed of their decision by April 1, 2013.

How do I apply for tuition or an assistantship?

Applications for both tuition or assistantship require that you not only state your preference on the Graduate Application form, but also that you submit the Application for Graduate Tuition Scholarship or the Application for Graduate Assistantship Stipend.

Who do I contact if I need financial aid?

Students who need financial assistance can contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.

What is Advanced Standing?

Advanced Standing programs are designed for graduates of baccalaureate programs in social work/social welfare. It allows students to enter the advanced level of the MSW curriculum.

Am I eligible for Advanced Standing?

To be eligible, applicants must have a BSW or BASW from a U.S. program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.

What criteria will the Graduate Admission's Committee use to determine if I will be accepted into the program?

The Graduate Admission's Committee will review each application in its entirety. Four criteria have been identified as useful determinants in predicting successful completion of the program. Weight have been applied to the four criteria in the following manner:

Assessment Area




Grade Point Average


Personal Statement





I downloaded a Reference Form but do not have a UNI envelope to put it in. What should I do?

It is not necessary for your Reference Forms to be submitted in a UNI envelope. Just make sure that you provide the reference person with an envelope addressed to: