Admission Requirements for the BA in Social Work Program
- A UNI* and Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Autobiographical statement
- Completion of the BA in Social Work Application Form
- Completion of the Declaration of Curriculum Form (After "Current Major," drop Social Work; then, under "ADD," list Social Work and select "Maj").
- A maximum of 65 semester hours of transfer credit will be accepted from a two-year college.
- Credit from four-year colleges and universities is not limited. However, students must earn at least 32 hours of credit in residence at UNI to complete baccalaureate degree requirements.
- Transfer credits for students transferring from ICCC can be found here.
When is the application due?
Please submit applications by the week before finals in the semester before you intend to take SW 3192 Practice with Groups and Families.
*UNI GPA is the GPA resulting from your UNI classes only. They do NOT include courses transferred from other institutions.