TAPP Majors and Minors:
Course registration time is rapidly upon us. The Faculty have some recommendations and advice for all of you who will be signing up for Spring 2019 courses.
Please schedule a visit with your advisor to get registration holds removed, if necessary.
Dr. Strauss and Dr. Lynch will be happy to spend time advising you. INDEED, we really believe you should visit with your advisor. Please make an appointment to see us. It is immensely helpful if you arrive at the meeting having given serious thought to your program of study! It is not too difficult to advise yourself or prepare adequately for a meeting with us. The first, best place to begin is to review your degree audit, which can be found at "myUNIverse." It will list all the classes you must take to complete your degree and show you the ones that you have already taken.
Further information about our curriculum can be found on our Curriculum page. There you can find a four year program of study and the major's requirements.
Here's some ball park advice to pay close attention to:
- Courses that early majors and minors can/should take:
- TEXDSGN 1002 Textile Science (Materials)
- TEXDSGN 2005 Fashion Promotion... it should be way interesting and fun and involves the Spring TAPP Design Show!
- TEXDSGN 4184 Topics: Exploring Fashion Photography (Cameras provided).
- For more advanced students, we recommend the following courses as they are required for graduation:
- TEXDSGN 3008 Computer Applications for the Textile and Apparel Industry
- TEXDSGN 3009 Textile Structures
- TEXDSGN 3012 Fashion Design, Flat Pattern and Draping (Apparel Product Development and Design)
- TEXDSGN 4015 Dress and Human Behavior
- TEXDSGN 4016 Apparel Product Development, Merchandising & Buying