The Psychology Department offers a psychology degree, two minors and two certificate programs.
Mental Health Minor
Certificate in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Certificate in Military Psychology
For information on the Psychology Department's Honors Program, please visit the honors program page.
Declaring a Psychology Degree
- Students who wish to declare psychology as a major or minor should go to Bartlett Hall, room 1078, to fill out necessary paperwork.
- Only psychology courses with an earned grade of C- or higher will count toward the major and minor
- It is possible for psychology majors to graduate with departmental honors if they have an overall GPA of 3.50 or higher and complete a research project deemed worthy of honors by the department. Generally such a project is done in the context of 3 hours of PSYCH 4705, Research Experience in Psychology.
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYCH 1001) is a prerequisite for most psychology courses, and therefore must be taken by all majors and minors. It also fulfills Liberal Arts Core 5B.
- Undergraduate Advising Coordinator: Mike Gasser