The Psychology Department offers a psychology degree, two minors and two certificate programs.
Mental Health Minor
Certificate in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Certificate in Military Psychology
Declaring a Psychology Degree
- Students who wish to declare psychology as a major or minor should go to Bartlett Hall, room 1078, to fill out necessary paperwork.
- Only psychology courses with an earned grade of C- or higher will count toward the major, minors and certificates
- It is possible for psychology majors to graduate with departmental honors if they have an overall GPA of 3.50 or higher and complete a research project deemed worthy of honors by the department. Generally such a project is done in the context of 3 hours of PSYCH 4705, Research Experience in Psychology.
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYCH 1001) is a prerequisite for most psychology courses, and therefore must be taken by all majors and minors. It also fulfills Liberal Arts Core 5B.
- Undergraduate Advising Coordinator: Mike Gasser