The Multicultural Scholarship is awarded to an entering freshmen who identifies with an underrepresented racial, cultural, or ethnic background and who expects to major in one of the degree programs of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences. Academic achievement, involvement, and degree of financial need may also be considered.
One award of $5,000 will be made to a freshman entering the university in the fall of 2014.
Multicultural Scholarships are renewable for a total of four years of funding provided all eligibility requirements are maintained.
Selection of Multicultural Scholars
1. Multicultural scholars will be selected from freshmen who plan to enter the university in the fall of 2014.
2. To be considered for a scholarship a student must:
a. file an application form;
b. identify with an underrepresented racial, cultural, or ethnic background;
c. have an RAI of 290 or above; and
d. submit all application materials by January 15, 2014.
3. Applicants will be judged on the basis of the application essay and evidence of promise. Academic achievement, involvement, and degree of financial need may also be considered.
Maintaining a Multicultural Scholarship
1. Scholarships are generally renewed each year by maintaining a required grade-point average and class load.
2. Scholars must show significant progress toward their SBS major.
If you have questions about the CSBS Multicultural Scholarship Program, please contact:
SBS Scholarship Coordinator
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0403
Telephone: (319) 273-7286
FAX: (319) 273-2222