Graduate Assistant -- Department of History
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 20 hours per week for full assistantship or 10 hours per week for half assistantship beginning August 26, 2019 and ending December 20, 2019. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 20 hours per week for full assistantship or 10 hours per week for half assistantship beginning January 13, 2020 and ending May 8, 2020. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Does not work during the interims between semesters.
- Full assistantship salary is $5,284 per semester, for the 2019-20 academic year; half assistantships of $2,642 per semester may be awarded.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in the Department of History graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate-level credit hours.
- Maintain a UNI cumulative GPA of at least 3.00.
- A newly admitted graduate student must have at least a 3.0 GPA for undergraduate or previous graduate work of at least 8 graded credit hours.
- Take roll call and proctor tests, especially in large classes or at one of the department’s twice-weekly make-up exam periods.
- Assist faculty with instructional tasks, excluding the routine teaching of regularly scheduled classes.
- Gather information for use by departmental faculty and staff in evaluation, recruitment, retention, and outreach to students, alumni, and donors.
- Support faculty research by providing a variety of research services.
Application Process and Deadlines:
- Email the completed Graduate Assistantship Application Form available at Graduate College graduate student Forms, Resources, and Information.
- Provide 2 signed letters of reference to Judy Dohlman at Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions should be directed to Dr. Donna Maier, Graduate Coordinator at Donna.email@example.com.
Applications are due February 1. For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures, see Graduate College Assistantships.