Graduate Assistant -- Department of History
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 20 hours per week for full assistantship or 10 hours per week for half assistantship beginning Aug. 24, 2020 and ending Dec. 18, 2020. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 20 hours per week for full assistantship or 10 hours per week for half assistantship beginning Jan. 11, 2021 and ending May 7, 2021. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Does not work during the interims between semesters.
- Full assistantship salary is $5,395 per semester, for the 2020-21 academic year; half assistantships of $2,697.50 per semester may be awarded.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in the Department of History graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate-level credit hours.
- Maintain a UNI cumulative GPA of at least 3.00.
- A newly admitted graduate student must have at least a 3.0 GPA for undergraduate or previous graduate work of at least 8 graded credit hours.
- Take roll call and proctor tests, especially in large classes or at one of the department’s twice-weekly make-up exam periods.
- Assist faculty with instructional tasks, excluding the routine teaching of regularly scheduled classes.
- Gather information for use by departmental faculty and staff in evaluation, recruitment, retention, and outreach to students, alumni, and donors.
- Support faculty research by providing a variety of research services.
Application Process and Deadlines:
- Email the completed Graduate Assistantship Application Form available at Graduate College graduate student Forms, Resources, and Information.
- Provide 2 signed letters of reference to Cori Martin at Cordelia.Martin@uni.edu.
- Questions should be directed to Graduate Coordinators Dr. Maier (Donna.firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Calderón (Fernando.email@example.com).
Applications are due February 1. For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures, see Graduate College Assistantships.