UNI Campus Community,
In adherence to the continued guidance from the Iowa Board of Regents as well as state and national officials regarding protecting public health, the University of Northern Iowa is making important adjustments at this time. We continue to appreciate the way in which the entire campus community has come together in order to address the disruption that we face, and especially to make certain that we protect our most vulnerable populations.
Please note the following changes since we last communicated:
- All courses will be taught online beginning Monday, March 23, and will remain online through the remainder of the spring semester.
- Summer 2020 courses will only be offered online. Continuing and Distance Education will communicate with Deans and Department Heads about shifting classes currently scheduled for face-to-face instruction to an online format.
- Faculty should continue to communicate regularly with students regarding how the semester will be concluded. Students should watch their email and/or Blackboard.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to take advantage of the online resources available through the Rod Library, as well as the UNI Bookstore, which recently made more than 50,000 ebook titles available for free through May 25.
- The Learning Center at UNI continues to offer online resources, including assistance with writing and other student work.
- The Educator Preparation office will be communicating with students regarding completion of the necessary requirements to be certified to teach or to enter the program; waivers have been provided at the state level and we will communicate how this will impact your progress towards becoming a teacher.
- UNI’s Department of Residence will be sending communication to students living on campus this afternoon sharing additional information about the residence halls.
Student Health Clinic
- The Student Health Clinic is moving to telehealth appointments only beginning Monday, March 23.
- The clinic will no longer provide face-to-face office visits, but will support students via telephone and Zoom.
- Students must call 319-273-2009 to be assessed over the phone. Clinic staff will remain available 8-4:30 Monday through Friday.
- The Counseling Center will also provide mental health services via telehealth (through Zoom). Please call 319-273-2676 to schedule an appointment.
- As a result of these health-protection measures, we will be cancelling Spring 2020 Commencement activities.
- The cancellation of Spring Commencement will not impact students' ability to graduate at the end of the spring semester.
- Spring graduates will be encouraged to participate in the Fall 2020 Commencement exercises and an email will be sent directly to Spring graduates containing additional information and guidance in the upcoming weeks.
Please visit prepare.uni.edu (now Forward Together) to watch a message from UNI President Mark Nook and continue to monitor the site for additional updates.