Students interested in applying for the Master of Arts program should need to have met the following criteria:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (3.2 recommended)
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is NOT required
Students make application to the Graduate College for general admission to the university.
In addition to graduate college application requirements, applications to the history MA program also require the following:
- A writing sample (preferably a history research paper)
- Completed Department Application Form and Statement of Purpose
- 2 letters of reference
If students wish to be considered for graduate assistantships or tuition scholarships, the application deadline for all materials is February 1. Otherwise the deadline for fall admission is June 15, and spring admission is November 15.
Specific questions about the Master of Arts in History program should be referred to:
Dr. Donna Maier
Department of History
Seerley Hall 320